Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Refrigerator Missing Parts Replaced

My "new" refrigerator was one of the problems on the camper that I forgot to mention early.  It was used and something leaked and made a mess staining some of the interior.  The shelves were all missing in the refrigerator, while the freezer looked perfect.

I spent a wile scrubbing and got most of the stains out, but one area was a persistent problem, and would need some strong chemicals.   Also the light fixture was corroded.

I called the manufacturer, obtained a parts list, and found a vendor.  I decided to add an extra shelf to the freezer and an extra door cubby to the freezer door.  On the bottom, refrigerator, one shelf was no longer available which had a cut out for taller items.  I decided to put all tall items on the bottom shelf of the door and ordered a second shorter depth shelf for the interior so as not to interfere with tall door items.  This all worked out well, except my original shelves were stainless steel and the new ones were white plastic coated.  I have one stainless freezer shelf.  I can live with that. 

Also missing was a drip tray and two vegitable bins with a clear plastic deck on top.

 I now have a better interior arrangement than came with the refrigerator originally.  I also ordered a new lamp assembly.  Next up is scrubbing the stained area with steel wool or fine sand paper.  If that doesn't work, I'll paint over it.  I still need to find a new lamp for the interior and hope to find an LED replacement bulb.

The downside was these parts cost $400.  However, given the low cost of the camper, I'll gladly pay this to make it complete.







No comments:

Post a Comment