Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Purchase Trip Report

My truck is a 2001 Silverado Duramax diesel with the Alison transmission.  I bought it new in October of 2001.  I have about 117,000 miles on it now after twelve years.  I don't put a lot of miles on it, but I do drive in on some long trips from time to time.  I have a Leer Cap for it, which I may sell now that I have the camper.

My trip to pickup the camper was a 15 hour drive leaving on a Saturday.  My trip was delayed a week due to weather, but fortunately, I managed to get it during a very brief warm spell preceding an ice storm.  I picked it up at 10PM near Chicago just as snow started to fall.  The forecast was for warmer weather (rain) to the east, so I drove as fast as I could to Indiana and slept overnight at a rest area.  It was the nicest nights rest I've ever had while traveling.  The mattress was comfortable and the camper was warm.  I slept 8 hours.

One of the reasons I bought this camper is so I would not feel rushed while traveling, and so that I could stop at any time and sleep comfortably.  I took my time driving back and stopped once again to overnight at a truck stop in eastern Pennsylvania.  I arrived home a half a day later than planned, but was refreshed and didn't need to rest and recover that Monday.

The camper was warm and dry but missing many of the important things that make a camper cozy.  Fortunately, finishing off a camper with the little essentials, doesn't not take too much time.

No comments:

Post a Comment